Sunday, June 22, 2008

A mashed potato started long time ago...

Well, it's sunday. So, that means I'm up early and I'm bored. Except i forget that extreme boredom with me tends to morph into fantastic, albeit latent, productivity. While I didn't run, per se, I participated in an alternate form of exercise, most notably: bicycling! The premier form of transportation in Brooklyn. I contacted some people via craigslist about a room for rent and decided to finally pump some air in the ol' bike tires and take her out for a spin (the spin being this apartment). It took about an hour to get there, but i cycled around the west side of Prospect Park looping in and out of the middle of the Park where all the action was taking place. I think I'll run here for the next 20 weeks. Why? Because everyone is having the time of their lives. I saw kids playing stick ball! I'm not kidding - stick ball! I imagine they were probably being handed fresh hot dogs with perfectly proportioned condiments dripping off the buns as they slid into Home Plate. And then they all went out for ice cream afterwards....ok, whatever, you get the point - this place was Pleasantville and I was digging it. Long story short, the room was about the size of my bed and absent of closet space. I may not have found a new place to live, but I found a great route to run.

If that wasn't painfully picturesque enough, I got caught in the rain on my bike while riding home. It was thundering. And lightening. And there was a rainbow.



music for the day: lots of April March, The Coasters & Broadcast...Oh! and the Breeders. Duh. It's summer!

No comments: