Thursday, July 31, 2008

Alas, a post!

I know, I know...it's been a really long time. A month? Wow. That's quite a hiatus. This does not mean that I have not been running, because I have (sadly). Come to think of it, training for the NY Marathon is by far the most time-consuming activity in which I have ever participated - and that's including my Qualitative Research Methods class. At any rate, my fading internet presence has been a result of 2 business trips and 1 vacation (not including my lovely trip to Richmond, VA for July 4th). I am now back and ready to continue this very...very mundane process that is my training program. Eat (x)carbs now, run (x)miles tomorrow, burn (x)calories by 7:32 pm, drink a lot of water but not TOO much water - Oh! And watch out for your toenails as they most certainly will fall off. Like anything else, the running world is inundated with experts and polarizing opinions. So, naturally, I feel as clueless as John McCain when asked about his reproductive rights voting record. Despite my achy shins and skepticism that my training program is the right one (out of the millions) for me, I am improving. Although my brain is swollen with running information, the actual running part is a nice escape from it all. I have reached the point where I am able to lose myself in the routine and, at times, not even feel my feet moving.

As for Pops Peterman, I wonder how he's doing...

-Kelli

Side Note(s)
1) I have a new devise! Check it out here
2) I will be starting to Volunteer with Meals on Wheels so we can all know how our money is being used - and, of course, so I can volunteer. I'll write about my experience once I hear back from the volunteer coordinator.

*Training Week 3*
Day 1: 3 Miles
Day 2: 4 Miles
Day 3: 3 Miles
Day 4: 7 Miles

1 comment:

Linda said...

kelli!

how ARE you? i see you're running the NY marathon? neil's running the marine corps marathon too! craziness. neil ran 12 miles the other day for his long run! you're both insane as far as i'm concerned. you'd be luckly to see me WALK one mile lol. but i wish you the BEST, i hope your toenails don't fall off lol, and hope everything else is going ok!

~Linda